TAKING THE HEAT LOCALLY WITH KITCHEN FIRES
A half dozen Port Huron cooking related fires in just a few weeks, gives new meaning to the phrase, “If you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!” Fire Marshal, Jeff Tucker, says there is little that can be done about them, other than remind people to be careful in and around a stove. He says, a smoke alarm could help. Forgetfulness is the number one reason, for a stove being left on. Sometimes, cooks hit the switch thinking they have turned the stove off only to discover, after it is to late, they went one click to far leaving their stove element on 'HI'.