Victoria Day and Memorial Day observances mark the next two weekends and Customs and Border Patrol are reminding motorists to have their papers in order before crossing into or out of Canada.  The CBP says you'll need a passport or a US Passport Card, or you can have a trusted traveler card or an Enhanced Driver’s License.  Also, children under the age of 16 can present an original or a copy of their birth certificate.  The CBP says you'll want to be familiar with the "Know Before You Go" section of their website at to avoid any fines and penalties.  You'll also want to check the C-B-P website for border wait times.  Officials say build some extra time into your trips in case of a long wait at the border, and know the difference between goods for personal use and commercial use.  Another tip is to use an alternate crossing for a Port of Entry, such as Marine City or Algoanc.  Higher traffic volumes are usually between 9am and 5pm. and usually occur just before and at the tail end of any holiday weekend.
Filed Under :
Topics : Human Interest