Sanilac County man hospitalized after falling into fire pit

A man from Sanilac County’s Argyle Township received serious injuries after falling in to a fire pit Friday. According to the Sanilac County Sheriff’s Office, an 80 year old man was burning trash at his home in the 2500 block of Argyle Road Friday morning. He was in the process of lighting the fire when he fell into the pit. A neighbor heard the man’s call for help and called 9-1-1. The victim was taken an area hospital and later flown to a Flint hospital for treatment of serious burns.