SOS to make changing gender on state-issued identification easier

It’s now easier for transgender people to get a state driver’s license or ID card. Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson says the sexual designation can now be changed by going to a Secretary of State office, fill out a form, and have a photo taken. The cost is nine dollars. Individuals will no longer have to provide a birth certificate, passport or court order to have the change officially made.